Sunset in #williamsburg #bridge #urbanjungle [Credit: J. Maybe]
Just one more summer weekend, please, please, pleeeeaaasssseeee!
It’s tough having short summers in NYC. Cry for me with a little violin, will you? Anyway, about this time of year, we appreciate every great weekend that comes our way.
Until next weekend, have a great week.
If you pay any attention at all to popular culture, you’ve very likely heard that Breaking Bad is the highest rated TV series of all time. Of all time!!! As if that were not enough, it just so happens that Goorin Brothers, Williamsburg’s latest hat shop, happens to be the official hatmaker of the Heisenberg porkpie hat. A very limited edition of these very special hats are currently selling at Goorin Brothers. They come complete with a small packet of Blue Sky meth (ahem, rock candy). Hurry up and grab yours now.
This #ScreamingFemales set is everything I want right now. @Music Hall of Williamsburg [Credit: A. Benedict]
Yeah Bitch! #breakingbad #videology [Credit: R. Steele]
Last night’s crowd for the latest episode of Breaking Bad overflowed the ~50 odd seating capacity of Videology’s screening room. In addition to those who were seated, a least a dozen people stood in the back for the entire hour to catch the mind-numbingly fast paced episode. Breaking Bad fans gasped together, oohed and ahhed together, and traded theories on the meaning of the Heisenhug.
Those who think the movie business is dead haven’t caught on to the large and potentially growing audience that eschews TV at home and $100+ per month cable bills, but still wants their fix of certain TV-only shows as soon as they are aired. Seriously, movie theatres need to get in on this market. Nighthawk, anyone?
Skeeball league #awwskeeskeemothafucka #skeeball #nycskee [Credit: M. Valentine]
Bocce Ball and Skee Ball leagues in Brooklyn are here, and they’re not afraid to get weird. The nostalgic games now come with all of your friends at your favorite bars, what could be better. Forget dating sites, this is the best place to meet someone (and it happens all the time). Drinking is not only allowed it enhances play! Things get very weird, very fun, and very drunk. Early bird sign ups for $45 end Sept. 1st, so get on it!
Skeeball will be on Tuesdays at the Whiskey Brooklyn
Bocca Ball will be on Wednesdays and Thursdays at Greenwood Park
I can see Boardwalk Empire set from my balcony. Shooting at Bedford and Broadway in Williamsburg. [Credit: A. Repponen]
If you head over to the intersection of Bedford Ave. and Broadway in Williamsburg right now, you might catch the Boardwalk Empire film crew filming for the next season that begins September 8th. You might even catch a TV star; that is, if you can distinguish them from the hipsters.
Read more »
Super fresh #williamsburg clique! Look at the happy faces! [Credit: NYC Beach Bus]
- If you’re not outside now, you better go out if you want to enjoy the sun, because the clouds are coming back tomorrow and Monday. (Tip: See the 3-day weather forecast on the upper-right of this page.) You can thank us later.
- Creative hipster haven 3rd Ward is having their 6th Annual Pig Roast today. There will be music, dancing, Coolhaus treats, artsy projects and more. The festivities last until 9 PM (or so) tonight.
- Also, today is the Bushwick Block Party on Moore St. between Bogart & White off the L Train. They have the usual music and cool stuff. Unlike the pig roast, this shindig goes on until 11 PM. We recommend checking both out.
- Don’t feel like slogging your way to the beach on the train or driving in circles to find a parking spot? The NYC beach bus is where it’s at. On Satursdays, Sundays, and all holidays from now through September 2, from 9:15 AM to 8 PM, you can catch the bus with the cool kids from downtown Brooklyn or Williamsburg to Rockaway or Jacob Riis Beach for $9 one-way or $12 roundtrip. Click here to get more details.
- Because we like being helpful, we’re letting you know that Foodtown on N. 3rd between Driggs and Bedford has 12 packs of toilet paper on sale for $6.99 (Scott and Cottonelle brands, if you care). The sale lasts from now until Thursday, August 1st. Run, run as fast as you can! (No pun intended.)